- 4 chunks fresh pineapple
- 2 amarena cherries (available in gourmet food aisles, or substitute 1/2 shot of cherry liqueur)
- 1 ounce Maui Platinum Rum
- 1/2 ounce ‘okolehao (made by Maui Rum)
- 1/2 ounce ginger lemongrass syrup (See recipe below.)
- 1/2 ounce lime
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters
- 1/2 ounce Maui Dark Rum
Method: Muddle pineapple and cherries together. Add next five ingredients, shake with ice and strain over rocks. Top with the dark rum.
Ginger Lemongrass Syrup Ingredients:
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (or substitute fresh ginger, muddled)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (or substitute fresh lemongrass, muddled)
Method: Bring water to boil in a pot. Add ginger and lemongrass and whisk. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, then transfer to a jar and refrigerate.