Recipe courtesy of Anton Haines, Executive Chef of Pacific‘O at 505 Front Street in Lahaina.
Servings: 8 (8 small potatoes, or 4 medium—cut in half)
- 4 Med Sized Potatoes
- 1 Block of Medium Cheddar (I used Cow Girl Creameries Wagon Wheel)
- 20 Slices of your favorite Ham (I use Speck)
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 2 Stalks of Green Onion
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
1. Cut 20 slices of cheddar cheese and grate the rest for topping later.
2. Make 1/4″ horizontal slices down the potato, being careful to cut only 3/4 of the way through.
3. Place a slice of ham and cheese in between each cut except for the last cut on each end.
4. Place on sheet pan and tent with foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
6. When finished, remove from oven. Top with more cheese and bacon.
7. Bake for another 10 minutes uncovered.
8. Finish with sour cream and green onions.