THINGS TO DO ON MAUI
★ CLICK TO SUBMIT A FLYER TO OUR FREE BULLETIN BOARD ★
(1. Register 2. Login 3. Enter your flyer and details and submit!)
- This event has passed.
The Sugar Museum Is Growing! Donate Today!
May 27, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022
On August 19, 2021, the Sugar Museum received approval from the Maui County Council’s Planning and Sustainable Land Use Committee to include land adjacent to the museum in our Conditional Use Permit. This includes permission to use the former director’s 1902 residence as a meeting space, and for events and exhibits open to the public.
Now the real work begins, and we need your help! Your generosity will help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 to rehabilitate the former director’s residence. The work we do together will preserve its glorious past, and bring it gently into the present, and make it available for community use.
Your gift will assist us in making much needed repairs, such as floor refinishing, painting inside and out, window treatments, and lighting and restroom upgrades.
Help us bring back the beauty and grace of this original 1902 sugar-era building, so it can benefit future generations. You can make your donation by sending a check to the address below, or you can securely and conveniently donate online at sugarmuseum.com/support-us. Mahalo for supporting this historically significant and valuable community resource!
Reap the Benefits of Sponsorship Levels
Supporter – $100
* Subscription to the Sugar Museum
* Acknowledgement in the annual report and
* 10% Discount in the Museum Gift Shop
Sustainer – $250
* All the benefits of “Supporter” plus:
* Your name inscribed on a commemorative plaque in the newly renovated residence
Benefactor – $1,000
* All the benefits of “Sustainer” plus:
* 20% Discount in the Museum Gift Shop
* 2 tickets to the annual donor celebration
held in the newly renovated residence in 2022
* Invitation to special events and opening receptions
Patron’s Circle – $2,500
* All the benefits of “Benefactor” plus:
* 25% discount on rental of museum grounds and residence for a personal event
* A private curated tour for four of the new residence and our collection of unique artifacts housed at the museum. Pupus and refreshments will be served.
Please indicate your level of support when making a contribution. Mahalo!
Here’s How Your Generosity Is Making A Difference
On Thursday, September 9, the Sugar Museum building was successfully fumigated. It may not sound glamorous, but this important service was made possible with your gift and will help protect the historic structure and keep it alive for future generations. Mahalo to all of you who supported the preservation of this important historic structure!
Photo: Sugar Museum as it looks today, saved from destructive insect damage!