BBQ Ribs Recipe by: Chef Sheldon Simeon
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
Mix all ingredients together.
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fermented soybean curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
BBQ Method: Season ribs with dry rub. Wrap individually in aluminum foil. Refrigerate 24 hours. Place ribs on sheet pan and into a preheated oven set to 375°. Bake 2 hours. Remove ribs from foil and baste with barbeque sauce. Place under broiler until sauce starts to caramelize on ribs. Repeat this step, brushing ribs with sauce and broiling a total of 3 times. Remove from broiler. Cut ribs between the bones.